On the occasion of 68 Republic day Chief Minister “Sri Manohar Lal Khattar” launched a new scheme named as – “Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon” with main aim of scheme to provide 24 hours electricity to the people living in rural areas of the state Haryana. As it has been stated as a huge problem of lack of electricity supply whole day.
Objective of ‘Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon’ Scheme
This scheme has been launched with a basic objective to provide 24 electricity supply in the consumers of rural villages of haryana
- To Provide 24 hour whole day electricity supply to rural consumers.
- To provide strength to distribution network to supply power easily.
- To generate 400 MW renewable energy till 2020.
To select the village government has started different phases and around first phase government has covered 310 villages out of which 83 villages has been selected for Mhara Gaon – Jagmag Gaon scheme benefit. On the first phase 25 to 70% people have paid the electricity bills where the government supply power only 15 hours per day in those villages.
Good News – Thing to be mentioned is that after the launch of Mahra Gaon – Jagmag Gaon scheme Haryana state will become the first state in the country with 24 hour power supply and for initiative of such scheme. The state government emphasis on solar power plants on roof tops to generate renewable energy.
State government has also passed a budget of Rs 3 Crore for thsi scheme along with a new scheme that has been launched in the same day as – “Free Coaching Scheme” . Also The state government will spend Rs. 15 to 20 lac per village for the implementation of ‘Mhara Gaon – Jagmag Goan’ scheme.
Benefits under ‘Mhara Gaon – Jagmag Goan’ scheme
The village consumers will get most of the benefit under this scheme as their village will get a complete day 24 hours electricity supply for their houses and also government will developed these rural areas through implementation of such schemes.
Electricity is very important for households and there are many rural areas in our state in which the people faced many problems due to absence of electricity. But now government provide electricity in every rural areas.
Condition – If the people paid their outstanding bill in the five installments, then the interest and penalty of old bills would be waived and government provide 24 hours electricity supply in these villages.
- Also to resolve the problem of electricity bills Haryana government has also started Bijli Panchayat. To resolve the problems officers of power department would be present in the Bijli Panchayats.
- Problems such as Installment of new pole, replacement of meters and enhancement of load these complaints would be resolved by the Officers of Electricity Department within one week.
Electricity Plants for the scheme
The state government has set up 800 MW super thermal plant in Panipat to replace old obsolete units of 110 MW. Government also set up 800 MW super thermal plant in Yamunanagar.
Brief details of the scheme
Find out what Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon scheme is all about:
1. Scheme will be implemented in phases and will benefit 83 rural domestic supply feeders. It shall cover 310 villages in total.
2. Scheme will be launched in only those villages where is minimal power supply theft.
3. Another criterion is that line losses shouldn’t be more than 20 percent plus provided the consumers deposit their electricity bill on time.
4. Under the scheme electricity will be provided for 16 hours a day, which will be further extended to 18 hours.
5. The power supply hours will be increased by the replacement of defective meters, shifting the existing meters outside consumers’ houses and replacement of faulty wires.
6. Power supply hours are expected to increase by 3 hours with the improvement of billing, payments, and line losses below 20 percent. 24 hours non-stop supply is also expected with further improvement in these parameters as aimed by the Scheme.
7. To strengthen power distribution system, along with this scheme, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana has also been launched costing around 2,000 crore.
8. The state-owned power utilities have accumulated losses to the tune of 24,000 crore.
9. A ‘BIjli Panchayat’ will be organised in all the villages. In this panchayat, the officers of electricity department will be present to resolve the complaints of consumers.
10. Also, special emphasis will be given to generate renewable energy by installing solar panels on roof tops.
Stay connected for further updates in the scheme
Tags: aim of Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon scheme, condition for Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon, electricity plants under Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon scheme, Haryana News, how to apply for Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon scheme, Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon 2017, Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon scheme, Mhara Gaon Jagmag GaonScheme in Haryana, villages under Mhara Gaon Jagmag Gaon scheme