In order to provide LED lights at affordable prices, Tamil Nadu government has launched a new scheme to sell LED lights at subsidised rates to the people under Central government’s UJALA Scheme. Recently, this scheme was launched in Chennai and it will be extended across the state.
Benefits of this scheme:
- A government will provide 9W LED bulbs at the cost of Rs 65 at 60 places in the city.
- These LED bulbs will available at Tangedco’s bill collection centres.
- LED tube lights and energy saving fans will available at subsidised rates.
- A person needs an identity card such as Aadhaar Card.
- A person will be permitted to purchase only 10 LED bulbs.
Objective of Tamil Nadu Government Scheme:
- Tamil Nadu government has targeted to distribute 3 crore LED bulbs, 35 lakh LED tube lights and 10 lakh fans to consumers.
- Under this scheme, the government will save more than Rs 1,650 crore in electricity bills annually with energy savings of 416 crore kWh.
- The UJALA scheme is being implemented by EESL company under Union Ministry of Power.
- In this scheme, about 1.10 crore houses in Tamil Nadu will benefit by saving big on their power bills.
- A five-star energy efficient fan will be provided at the cost of Rs 1,150.
- These bulbs, tube lights and fans have a three-year warranty
- This scheme will also spread in other districts of Tamil Nadu.
How Can You Purchase an Affordable LED bulb & Tubelight:
- The sell of LED bulbs will start by June first week in Kancheepuram and Tiruvallur districts.
- The people will be able to purchase these subsidised LED bulbs, tube lights and fans from authorised centres which open at 8.30 am during working days.
News Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/state-unveils-plan-to-save-power-cut-bill-sells-rs-150-worth-led-bulb-for-rs-65/articleshow/58833348.cms