UJALA Scheme Punjab Offers LED Tube Lights & Fans at Subsidized Price
The Punjab State Power Corporation Limited and Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has launched the UJALA Scheme (Unnat Jyoti Affordable LEDs for All) in Mohali, Punjab for LED tube lights & 5 rated energy efficient fans.
Under this scheme, the government will distribute about 1 crore LED bulbs, 10 lakh LED tube lights, 1 lakh fans and other energy-saving electrical equipment at subsidized prices across the state.
UJALA Scheme Highlights
The main motto of this scheme is to provide daily using energy efficient electrical products at affordable price. The price of EESL LED bulbs and LED tube lights and 2-5 star rated energy efficient fans would be as follow.
- 5 LED tube lights (20 watt) – Rs 230 each.
- 2-5 star energy efficient fan – Rs 1150 each.
- The Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has set a target to distribute about 50 lakh LED tube lights of 20 watt and 2 lakh star rated energy efficient fans to people at low-price under the scheme.
- More than 10 lakh consumers would be benefited from Ujala Scheme Punjab.
- Under the Central Government’s ambitious initiative ‘UJALA scheme, the LED tube lights & 5 star rated energy efficient fans would be provided along with a subsidy so that the consumption of power in the state can be decreased.
News Source: http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/chandigarh/scheme-for-affordable-electrical-appliances-launched-in-mohali/412387.html