UJAJA Scheme Sikkim (How to apply) – Complete detail
Government is trying its best to provide facilities to people. As now a news scheme has been launched in Sikkim . Sikkim Ujala Scheme as ujala scheme has been launched in many state before. Now its Sikkim turn to save electricity and use electricity in an efficient method.The UJALA scheme is an energy efficient scheme which was launched by our Former prime minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji all over the India.This scheme was launched on 5th January , 2015 after BJP came in government. Ujala yojana aims to provide efficient electricity by replacing 77 crore inefficient bulbs with Energy Efficient LED Bulbs.At present, over 20.83 crore LED bulbs, over 4.47 lakh LED tube lights and over 2.88 lakh energy efficient fans have been distributed and 16.53 lakh LED street lights have already been replaced in the country under UJALA Yojana.
Launch of UJALA yojana in Sikkim
Sikkim has been mow in one of those states under which UJALA yojana has been started .The occasion of launch was On 14 February 2017, Sikkim Minister for Energy & Power and Labour, Dorjee Dazom Bhutia launched government’s Unnat Jeevan for providing affordable LEDs and Appliances under UJALA Scheme in the state.
What is under UJALA Scheme
Under the Ujala scheme, the government will provide 14.5 lakh 9 W LED bulbs and 8.7 lakh 20 W LED tube lights in the Sikkim state. Under Ujala scheme about 1.45 lakh consumers will be benefited in the state. At present, the UJALA Scheme is being implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a JV under the administration of Ministry of Power, Government of India.
Benefit under UJALA Scheme
Under the scheme, the people will be able to purchase the high quality 9 W LED bulbs at the affordable price (as compared to the market price) of Rs 70 and LED tube lights at Rs 230 each on an upfront basis. Besides, the consumers can buy only 10 LED bulbs and 6 LED tube lights per household.
The Minister for Energy & Power and Labour, Mr. Bhutia said” Sikkim government has always tried to make a clean and green environment and it has encouraged the government for UJALA Scheme because this is a successful energy efficiency scheme in the country. After availing the benefits of the scheme, the consumers will fill that how this energy saver LED lights will reduce their electricity bills”.
How to Buy UJALA Domestic Appliances:-
- UJALA domestic appliances under Ujala scheme can be purchased from the distribution centres listed on www.ujala.gov.in.
- Free of cost replacement for all technical faults for 3 years for LED bulbs and LED tube lights by EESL.
- Replacements can be done through any of the distribution counters at the time of distribution.
- One person will get 9 led bulbs on their Aadhar Card.
- the consumers can buy only 10 LED bulbs and 6 LED tube lights per household.
How much electricity you will save from LED under Ujala Scheme:
- After adopting UJALA Scheme more than 7.04 crore kWh will be saved and resulting in avoidance of over 5,416 MW of peak demand.
- Per day Rs 29.7 crore, cost reduction in bills of consumers and 60,173 t of CO2 reduction per day.
Stay Connected for further Updates.