What is NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme
What Is NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme
“NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme” is a new scheme launched by Andrapradesh Government on 1st December, 2016 in Vijayawada to provide a medical treatment to the people of the Above Poverty Line (APL) at Rs. 1200 premium per annum. This scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu. This scheme is health insurance scheme called as NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme.
Aims of NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme
- Mian aim is to provide medical treatment to the people belonging to Above Poverty Line (APL) at Rs. 1200 premium per annum.
- Also Ntr Arogya Raksha Scheme will cover the 1044 secondary and tertiary diseases and appeals people to enroll their names in the scheme by paying Rs. 1200 per annum per head.
- Under this scheme a health insurance cover is also offered up to 2lakh and free treatment.
New Features of NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme
Note that NTR Arogya Raksha scheme has already been launched for people under below poverty line. This time this scheme is for people above poverty line (APL).
- The NTR Arogya Seva scheme has already been launched for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
- This health scheme provides medical treatment for 1044 health and medical ailments in any of the 432 Corporate Hospitals and 80 Government Hospitals in the state.
- This scheme also offers medical insurance to those people who are not covered under any of the existing health schemes of the state government.
- The Above Poverty Line families can be avail its benefit by paying monthly installment of Rs. 100 per month per head or yearly installment of Rs. 1200 per annum per head.
- Also, a similar service has been provided to employees and journalists in the form of health cards.
- Those who are not being covered by any such scheme, the new health initiative “Arogya Raksha” have been launched.
- The new Married couple either the wife or husband belongs to other state can be registered under one family by paying the entire annual premium.
- People are resister for this scheme at any of the Mee Seva centers till 28th February, 2017.
- Unlike other insurance schemes pre existing diseases will not be considered.
- The chief Minister also requested the students of medical, nursing, psychology and home science to contribute their best to improve the public health through the Swasthya Vidya Vahini.
- Andhra Pradesh has now become the FIRST state to fulfill the health for all vision of the World Health Organization (WHO).