The Punjab government launched Mukhyamantri Scholarship Scheme Punjab. The scheme will help the poor meritorious students. Under the scheme, the poor students can get technical education. The students will get fee exemption under the scheme. It will help financial requirements of the meritorious students.
After approval of Chief Minister of Punjab, the Finance Minister of Punjab, Mr Manpreet Singh Badal Himself inaugurated the scheme at an official event. In the event, Punjab Technical Education Minister Charanjit Singh Channi was also present.
Eligibility Criteria of the Mukhyamantri Scholarship Scheme Punjab
- Candidates must be the residence of Punjab.
- Candidates must be passed 10th with good marks.
- The family of the beneficiaries has belonged to either Economically section of the society, SC/ST or the family must be Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
- The Scheme for technical education, so you have to take admission in Polytechnic or Engineering college.
- Students of Maharaja Ranjit Singh University and IKGPTU (Jalandhar) will also get the benefits of the scheme.
Scholarship Criteria for Mukyamantri Scholarship Scheme
The amount of the Scholarship will depend on the percentage obtained by the students in the examination. The Scholarship has been divided into different categories depends upon marks obtained in the examination. These are the following criteria of the scheme.
If students have scored between 60 to 70 % in the 10th board exam then you will get 70 percentage scholarship. If anyone gets 70 to 80 percent then you will get 80 percentage scholarship if 80 to 90 percentage marks then you will get 90 percentage scholarship and if you get above 90 percentage then the full waiver of fees.
Many of the students don’t continue their education due to financial problem. With the help of the scheme, all the students who belong to the underprivileged section of the society will be benefitted in the scheme.
With the help of the scheme, many of the economically weaker section students of the state will get the job after successfully complete technical education. Another best thing about the scheme is the government is giving push the technical education in Punjab. The scheme will change the economically weaker section people life standards and boost the State economy with skilled youth.