Ksheera Bhagya Scheme Karnataka
On 1st Aug 2013 by the state Government of Karnataka in association with Karnataka Co-operative Milk Producers Federation Ltd. (KMF) & all its milk union for school and anganwadis children’s in the state launched Ksheera Bhagya Scheme. the government provides free milk to the school & anganwadi children’s for five days in a week.
The programme is targeted at 65 lakh children studying in Class 1st up to Class 10th in around 51,000 government schools and 39 lakh children’s in around 64,000 Anganwadis in the state.
Also Read in Hindi: कशीरा भाग्य योजना कर्नाटक
Features of KsheeraBhagya Scheme
- This free milk scheme helps to tackle malnutrition among children in rural areas. Milk with constituents such as calcium, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, zinc and riboflavin is a complete food which is necessary for a child to become healthy and intelligent.
- Government is started this scheme with an aim to provide nutritious food with protein and fat which is essential for healthy growth and all-round development of School Children as well as Anganwadi in the State
Benefits of KsheeraBhagya Scheme:
- provide free milk to the school and aganwadis children’s for five days in a week
- Students from Class 1st to 10th studying in government, government-aided schools and Anganwadi children’s will get benefits under this scheme
- Government also started giving Rs.4 per liter incentive to the dairy farmers which resulted from huge increase in milk production
Objectives of KsheeraBhagya Scheme:
- To prevent malnutrition in children
- To improve the nutritional and health status of children
Eligibility for KsheeraBhagya Scheme:
- Student should be resident of Karnataka state
- Students from Class 1st to 10th studying in government & government-aided schools and Anganwadi children’s will get benefits under this scheme
- The milk is provided for 5 days in a week
- Only government & government-aided schools and aganwadis are eligible for this scheme
References & Details:
- For more details about KsheeraBhagya Scheme visit: http://www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in/index.html
- Department of Women and Child Development in Karnataka visit:http://www.dwcd.kar.nic.in/dwcd_english/index.html