Himachal Pradesh government has launched a new scheme for the senior citizen of the state named as Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS). Under the scheme, the state government will provide geriatric health care service by the additional health insurance coverage.
The State Nodal Agency HP Swasthya Bima Yojana Society will provide the coverage through the insurance company under the National Health Protection Scheme. Under the scheme, the state government will provide Rs 30,000 per senior citizen in addition to basic coverage of Rs 30,000 to all Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Smart Card.
Benefits of the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme
- All senior citizens who enroll in Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Smart Card will be benefitted of Rs 30,000 in addition to basic coverage of Rs 30,000.
- All the senior citizen of 60 years will be benefited in the scheme.
- In case of two senior citizens in one family then insurance cover of Rs 60,000 will be available for both of senior citizen on the rotation basis.
- Additional benefits will be also available for covering cardiology, cardiothoracic, surgery, cardiovascular surgery, poly-trauma and repair, neurosurgery, burn, surgical oncology and medical oncology.
- In the case of critical care, the government will provide compensated up to Rs 1.75 lakh (for cancer up to Rs 2.25 lakh) under RSBY critical care.
- Under the scheme, the beneficiary will able to get cashless treatment in any of the RSBY impaneled hospital.
- The government will give treatment expanse directly to the hospital.
Eligibility Criteria of Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme
- The beneficiary must be residents of Himachal Pradesh.
- The beneficiary age must be 60 years or above.
- Beneficiary already enrolled in Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Smart Card.
The surgical package that cost more than Rs 30,000 has been also identified by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of Himachal Pradesh. The beneficiary will be identified on the basis of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Smart Card.