The Chief Minister Gujarat, Vijay Rupani has decided to provide Laptop to the students of the state. The government of Gujarat named the tablet as Namo e-Tablet. This scheme has been started keeping in view the students of the middle class “and” poor sections.
Under the scheme, the government will provide the tablet at only Rs 1,000/ whereas the market price of the scheme is Rs 8,000/. Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has decided to distribute ‘NAMO e-Tab’ among college and university students as well as polytechnic colleges.
Brief of Namo e-Tablet Scheme
This plan has taken many initiatives and many other initiatives by the Gujarat government to fulfill the dream of the Prime Minister’s Digital India. In this way, the Gujarat government has always been the top runner-up in implementing the schemes of the Center more than the other states. During the budget session of the Gujarat government, the Gujarat government had announced to give tablets to the students. Giving the finalization of this plan, the government will now provide the tablet to the 12th pass students at one thousand rupees. In the first phase, the Gujarat government will distribute ‘NAMO e-Tab’ to the students of 3,50000 students of the state at a cost of Rs 200 crores.
Read More: Gujarat Govt. Scheme
Eligibility Criteria for Namo e-Tablet Scheme
- Benefits of this scheme will be available to those who pass the 12th examination in the year 2017.
- Under this scheme, students will be required to take 70% marks or more in the 12th board examination.
- Namo E-Tab is also excellent students for admission to higher education in colleges or polytechnics.
- Nearly 350,000 students will get Namo e-Tab in the first phase of this scheme.
- To get the benefit of this scheme, students must contact their respective college/institute.
- It is going to help a lot of students in acquiring knowledge and connecting globally.
Specification for Namo e-Tablet Scheme
- Android v5.1 Lollipop operating system with 1.3GHz quad core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage
- Single Sim slot
- 2MP primary camera and 0.3MP front camera
- 78 centimeters (7 inches) IPS capacitive touchscreen with 1024×600 pixel resolution
- 3450mAh lithium-ion battery
- One year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase.