Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme in Punjab – A new scheme has been announced by Punjab State Government for free health checkup named ‘Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme’. Implementation of this scheme in Punjab will be in the hands of Department of Health and Family Welfare.
Know more about Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
Under this Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme Each and every 30 year old resident of the state will be screened for diseases like anemia, hypertension, diabetes, kidney and liver ailments etc. This scheme is mainly to serve the 30 years old residents of the state. State government has planned this initiative through an expert group Adviser (Health) Dr K K Talwar and Dr Rajesh Kumar of Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
Main Objectives of Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
- This scheme is to serve the residents of the state by prevent & control such diseases by detecting those at early stage.
- In this scheme, the state government has already established free medicine and diagnostic facilities center across the Punjab state.
- If any patient suffering from kidney and liver diseases then he/she will be referred to the nearest diagnostic facilities center in the state.
- Under the scheme, people over 30 years of age will be examined for such diseases every Saturday at community health centers (CHC) & will be motivated to take healthy food and exercise regularly.
- Government has took this initiative because it has aims to make people health conscious & to initiate treatment for any disease detected by these diagnostic tests at the early stage
Benefits of Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
- Benefits of free health check up annually for people above 30 years of age
- Benefits of diagnosing the diseased like anaemia, hypertension, diabetes, kidney and liver ailments etc
- Benefits of free medicine and diagnostic facilities center across Punjab state
Eligibility Detail to avail benefits
- Candidate must be resident of Punjab state
- People over 30 years of age are eligible for free health check up
Documents Required to apply
These are the following documents that will be required if you want to avail benefits under this scheme.
- Aadhaar card
- Age proof such as driving license, voter card etc.
Note that : This scheme is only applicable to the residents of Punjab
How to Apply
- To apply for this scheme interested applicants should be visit nearest community health centers
- Candidate can also visit Government hospitals in Punjab