Chhattisgarh Saraswati Cycle Yojana for Girls Students
The Chhattisgarh government is going to launch a scheme for the girls of Chhattisgarh name as Saraswati Cycle Yojana.The government main aim to encourage the youth of the state especially girls. To the development of the country, it needs to encourage the youth of the country. Chhattisgarh government has also contributed to the development of the country with the scheme.
Saraswati Cycle Yojana will help those girls which school is far off from their place of residence. The scheme will help the girls to pursue higher education. The scheme encourages the girls’ education.
According to the survey main reasons of school dropout
- According to the survey of MHRD, the dropout percentage of secondary level students is higher than the in primary level.
- The reason of the school dropout is the absence of nearby schools, lack of interest and poverty.
- The SC and ST category student is larger among the dropout, in the Chhattisgarh.
- All the boys switch to jobs
- Girls get married or go to job
Eligibility criteria for Saraswati Cycle Yojana:
- Girls students must have passed 8th standard
- Girls parents must be from SC/ST and BPL families.
The dropout ratio of Chhattisgarh is huge compared to another state. Chhattisgarh is ranked among top five states at the secondary level. More than twenty percent of students drop out from the school at the secondary level in Chhattisgarh. The state government has taken all the possible action to reduce the dropouts. The Saraswati Cycle Yojana is one of the steps taken by the state government to reduce school dropout. The scheme will help to keep carry their school. Although, the dropout percentage has reduced in these days as a result of the steps taken by the state government. The literacy rate of women in Chhattisgarh is below than the Country Average women literacy.