Good news as new Budget that have been passed has launched as boom for people under AMRUT scheme. After presenting current financial year budget 2017-18 by our Finance Minster Mr Arun Jaitely , the Ministry of Urban Development has approved an investment for six states to improve basic urban infrastructure for the next three financial years, 2017-20, under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT).
Decisions made by Central Government Under Union Budget 2017 – 2018
- Central government has approved investment for six states under AMRUT scheme.
- A total investment of Rs 2,863 crore for 42 mission will be done in six states selected under AMRUT Scheme.
- An assistance of Rs.1,432 crore will also be provided by the Central government to improve the water taps to all urban households besides increasing water supply to the normative 135 litres per head per day, improving sewerage and drainage networks, promoting non-motorised transport and development of parks and green spaces.
According to the reports, these selected six states has got a chunk of the amount with central assistance.
|Karnataka||Rs. 2,070 crore||Rs.955 crore|
|Jharkhand||Rs. 555 crore||Rs. 262 crore|
|Himachal Pradesh||Rs. 115 crore||Rs. 103 crore|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Rs. 53 crore||Rs. 47 crore|
|Nagaland||Rs. 45 crore||Rs. 41 crore|
|Puducherry||Rs. 24 crore|
- Of these selected states, the Karnataka state has got 27 mission cities while Jharkhand has 7 mission cities and Himachal Pradesh has two cities.
According to the officials, the total investments of AMRUT approved for the five years mission during the period of 2019-20.
- Karnataka- Rs 4,971 crore,
- Jharkhand-Rs 1,246 crore,
- Himachal Pradesh- Rs 375 crore,
- Arunachal Pradesh-Rs 141 crore,
- Nagaland-Rs 120 crore
- Puducherry-Rs 65 crore.
News Source: http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2017/feb/03/centre-approves-investment-for-infra-development-under-amrut-scheme-1566570.html