Around 2 crore people have been distributed free LPG connections under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. This ambitious scheme was launched by prime minister modi ji to provide free LPG connections in the country. Main aim under this scheme is to provide LPG connection to the women of the rural area and Houses under BPL card holders and hence providing them a healthy way of cooking. Now Punjab has been selected as the next state to provide LPG connections under PMUY scheme. And Barnala district has been selected under this as the first district. Punjab in association with Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in Punjab – Details
Main objective of Prime Minister Ujjwala Scheme
- The main purpose of this scheme is to promote the use of pure LPG gas in place of unclean fossil fuels used for cooking in rural areas.
- One of the main objectives of the scheme is to promote women’s empowerment and protect their health. Apart from this, the benefits of the scheme are many more, such as
- Help reduce the air pollution caused by the use of fossil fuels.
- Reducing the serious health hazards associated with fossil fuel based cooking.
- Reduce the number of deaths in India due to cooking on impure fuels.
- Prevention of diseases in young children due to acute respiration in indoor air pollution.
Implementation of plan
Eligibility and selection process for the scheme
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
- Bank account details
- Blue ration card
- Passport size photoApplying Procedure
- Applicant must visit regional collector office in Punjab
- Applicant also visit gram panchayat in retaliated Taluka/district