Complete Detail of Balika Samridhi Yojana
This Yojana has been launched by the government of India for the only girl child in the country. The government has launched various schemes for the girl child one of those is Balika Samridhi Yojana‘ for girl child of the nation belongs to the BPL (Below Poverty Level) families. Under Balika Samridhi Yojna girl children belonging to families below the poverty line are provided assistance at different stages of her age. After the born on 15th August 1997 is eligible for the scheme. Only two girl children in a household will be benefited in the scheme in respect of a number of children in the family.
Objectives of Balika Samridhi Yojana
The scheme of Balika Samridhi Yojana was launched by Govt. of India w.e.f. 15-8-97 with the following objectives:-
1. To change negative family and community attitudes towards the girl child at birth and
towards her mother.
2. To improve enrolment and retention of girl children in schools.
3. To raise the age at marriage of girls.
4. To assist the girl to undertake income-generating activities.
5.Save future of the girl child.
6. Create awareness for the girl child.
The amounts of post-birth grant and scholarships are to be deposited in an interest-bearing account to be opened in the name of the beneficiary girl child and an officer designated in this behalf by the State Govt. in the nearest bank or post office.The amount should earn the maximum possible rate of interest.In this context, the Public Provident Fund scheme or the National Saving Certificate is given higher priority.
Benefit Under Balika Samridhi Yojana
These are the following benefits that the girl child will get after applying for the following scheme. A post birth grant amount of Rs. 500/- will be given to each girl child under this scheme. Girl child will be entitled to annual scholarship after girl child attending the school for the successfully completed year of schooling:-
Amount of Annual Scholarship
Rs. 300/- per annum for each class
Rs. 500/- per annum
Rs. 600/- per annum
Rs. 700/- per annum for each class
Rs. 800/- per annum
Rs. 1000/- per annum for each class
Coverage Area of Balika Samridhi Yojna Balika Samridhi Yojana is being implemented in both rural and urban areas.
Registration under Balika Samridhi Yojna
Check here for how to register for this scheme to get the benefit.
In the rural area, the scheme will be implemented through ICDS infrastructure and in urban areas the scheme will be implemented by Health Department functionaries.
Get application form – If you eligible to apply then receive the application form from the Anganwadi workers in rural areas and Health functionary in urban areas. and submit the application form where they receive the application form.
Facility of Withdrawal
A portion of the Post Birth Grant of Rs.500/- or the amount of the annual scholarship can be applied for the sole purpose of paying the premium on an insurance policy in the name of the girl child under the Bhagyashri Balika Kalyan Bima Yojna. The amounts will be permitted to be utilized to purchase of textbook or uniform for the girl students.
Payment at Maturity
when the girl child will be the age of 18 then she is eligible for withdrawing the amount, if she is unmarried and submitted the certificate of unmarried which is issued by the Gram Panchayat /Municipality. The implementing agency would be authorized the bank or post office for withdrawing the amount after receiving the unmarried certificate.
Withdrawal of the Benefit:
- In the event of the girl getting married before attaining the age of 18 years, she shall give the benefit of a number of annual scholarships and the interest accrued thereon and shall stand entitled only to the Post Birth Grant amount of Rs.500/- and the interest accrued thereon.
- In the case of death of the girl child before attaining the age of 18 years, the amount would be withdrawn by the parent.
Important Links for Balika Samridhi Yojna:
- Application Form for obtaining the post-birth benefit of Rs. 500/- (for rural areas)
- Application Form for obtaining the post-birth benefit of Rs. 500/- (for urban areas)
Stay connected for further updates.