Anna Bhagya Scheme Karnataka -Subsidized Food Grains Scheme for BPL Families
Anna Bhagya Scheme Karnataka
Anna Bhagya Scheme Karnataka: The scheme is to provide subsidized rice to the targeted beneficiaries like families living below poverty line. The price of the food is increasing day by day and under such circumstance, the condition of the poor families has become even worse since they do not have enough money to purchase food grains at market rates.
Features of Anna Bhagya Scheme
- The state Government of Karnataka has launched most awaited scheme named Anna Bhagya Scheme in association with Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department.
- Distributes food grains to the below poverty line (BPL) families at free of cost in the state. The government has aims to provide rice free of cost for people who belong to below poverty line.
- The Anna bhagya scheme was improved in the recent state budget by the Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and now, a single-member family will get 7 kg of rice while a 10 member family will get 70 kg a month.
Benefits of Anna Bhagya Scheme:
- Karnataka government has distributed food grains to the below poverty line (BPL )families at free of cost in the state
- A single-member family will get 7 kg of rice
- A 10 member family will get 70 kg a month under this scheme
- Along with the food grains, government also distribute Wheat, Sugar, Salt, Kerosene, and oil on subsidized rate
Eligibility for Anna Bhagya Scheme:
- Applicant should be resident of Karnataka state
- Applicant should belong to below poverty line (BPL)
Documents required for Anna Bhagya Scheme:
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
How to apply for Anna Bhagya Scheme:
- The foodgrains distributed through fair price shops
- Applicant should visit fair price shops in Karnataka states
- Applicant also contact food officer in respective district/Taluka in Karnataka
References & Details:
- For more details about Anna Bhagya Scheme visit: http://ahara.kar.nic.in/