Good news – fr the applicants under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. Now government has approved to build construction of 117,814 more affordable houses for urban poor under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).These houses will be build in in six states. The financial agreement that government has approved for construction is Rs 5,773 crore and also with central assistance of Rs 1,816 crore. These housing units will be build under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban category.
1.17 lakh more affordable houses to be built under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Sis states has been selected where these housing units will be constructed. Also till now the total number of affordable homes construction under PMAY(Urban) so far has more than up to 1,760,507.
The total investment that has been made to build above number of houses by government is of Rs 96,018 crore and a central assistance of Rs 27,714 crore.This update has also been released in pressed by government
Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation M Venkaiah Naidu has also asked the ministry officials to ensure that houses sanctioned are constructed quickly.
Check the list of States where housing unit has been constructed
NHB and Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO) have been designated as central nodal agencies for implementation of CLSS for both MIG and EWS/LIG under this scheme.
- Karnataka has been sanctioned 31,424 new houses in 234 cities and towns with Rs 1,222 crore approved as project cost with Rs 518 crore as central assistance.
- In Karnataka Around 30,247 homes have been approved under the beneficiary led construction (BLC) component and 1,177 houses under affordable housing in partnership component, taking the total number of houses sanctioned under PMAY (Urban) .
- So karnataka is the biggest state where housing unit has been sanctioned for the state to 146,466 so far.
- Kerala has been sanctioned 11,480 new houses for 19 cities under BLC component by a total cost of Rs 344 crore, with a central assistance of Rs 170 crore.
- In Kerla the total number of houses sanctioned for the state so far under PMAY(Urban) has gone up to 28,236.
- Madhya Pradesh has been sanctioned 27,714 houses .
- Bihar has been sanctioned 25,221 houses .
Jharkhand has been sanctioned 20,099 houses.
- Odisha has been sanctioned 2,115 houses
The following decision was taken on Tuesday.
Stay connected for further updates on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna.